Regular maintenance ensures that your car is safe and reliable for many years to come. While you should never neglect any necessary auto maintenance steps, there are a few tasks that are especially critical to the wellbeing of your vehicle.
Routine Maintenance Steps You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Oil changes. Depending on your vehicle, you’ll want to get the oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. (For a specific recommendation, consult the owner’s manual.) Changing the oil in your engine protects it from early wear and tear.
- Tire rotation. Tire rotations on a regular basis can help you avoid uneven tread wear. If you don’t rotate your tires, you’ll have to replace them much sooner than you otherwise would.
- Fuel filter replacement. Over time, your vehicle’s fuel filter will become clogged with sediment. When this happens, it may make it difficult for you to operate the vehicle optimally. It may even prevent your vehicle from running at all.
- Brake inspection. We recommend that you have your brakes checked at least twice a year. The brake pads and other components can be inspected by a professional technician who can tell you when your brakes need to be replaced. This is a necessary precaution to ensure your vehicle’s safety.
- Timing belt replacement. A broken timing belt can result in significant damage to your engine, requiring expensive repairs. Make sure you replace the timing belt as recommended.
- Radiator hose replacement. If your radiator hose begins to leak, your engine will overheat. Your service technician can advise you on when the radiator hose needs to be replaced.
These are just a few examples of basic auto maintenance procedures that can help keep your vehicle running smoothly.
Schedule Your Next Service at Our Asheville, NC Car Dealership
Ready to schedule a routine maintenance appointment for your new or used car? Any of these important maintenance tasks can be handled by our service center. Additionally, we are happy to help you save money via Nissan service coupons. Reach out to us at (828) 418-6142, or schedule service with our team.